When it is about the destination wedding, we need all hands on deck no matter who you are, a bride or the groom. You must be wondering what it will take to make this destination wedding a perfect one and plan it. Well, here we are with a checklist that you must go through.
Tips for Packing
Brides tend to have the prettiest lehenga, which ends up taking most of the space. I would suggest getting it couriered to the destination or keep it in a suitcase alone. A bride tried taking it in the airline by hand, but its dimensions were not allowed. She had to fold it and caused it to wrinkle. If your outfit fits in a small space, nothing better than that.
You can do a smart thing- while buying your outfit, ask the store to put it in a box instead of a bag, which will be easier for you to handle during travel.
Note: Folds do not cause wrinkles; pressure does.
Get a garment steamer for yourself, which will help you with small functions, and you do not have to be dependent on any dry cleaner in an unknown location.
If you have an international wedding, try getting imitation jewelry as there have been cases where they stop you at customs and become an obstacle, and that is the last thing you want to go through.
Buy extra luggage before leaving; maybe you would shop there or need to get back the received gifts, so purchasing it at home would save a few bucks as you would not need to buy luggage at the airport at exorbitant rates.
Do not forget even for a minute that you are a star for the next few days. All eyes will be on the bride and the groom, so keep your everyday essentials on you—a hairbrush, sunglasses, and makeup to do a quick touch-up after travel.
For items such as favors and other things that are in bulk, pre-ship these to the venue directly, so you have one less thing to worry about while going.
Checklist for the Bride/ Groom
- Passports (If you are going straight for your honeymoon, or if the wedding is outside India)
- Airline Tickets & Travel Insurance
- Engagement Rings
- Outfits for each event- morning and night
- Jewelry for each event
- Accessories for each event
- One of your invitation cards (for the photographer to capture)
- Shoes for each event
- Night clothes
- Reading Glasses/ Contacts
- Nail Polish Remover and Nail Polish
- Makeup Kit
- Razor or Veet Wax Strips for emergencies
- Needle and thread
- Safety pins
- Garment Steamer
- Mini First Aid Kit- Bandaid / Crocin
- Sanitary Napkins
- Electrical Converter (if your wedding is outside India)
- Double-sided tape
- Flat Iron or Curler: Your favorite hair styling tool
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Sagan Envelopes
- Flip Flops
- Items needed for the ceremony such as Mangalsutra, Sindoor, etc
- Camera & Camera Charger (especially if you are going straight for your honeymoon)
- Phone Charger & Phone
- The phone should have reference images of the makeup and look you want to show the MUA.
- Makeup Remover (extremely important. You cannot take professional makeup off with just water)
I hope you have liked this blog and we wish you good luck!